Sunday 5 June 2011

Weekend Report

I've been to ALL my local quilt shops this week.  I had a good excuse, - I need more of the fabrics I'm using to make my sampler quilt.  I got this pile from my favourite fabric shop, Quilty Pleasures in Brighton.


As well as getting 2 out of 3 of the fabrics I needed from Brighton Sewing Centre I also got tempted into buying this stack of solid fat quarters.


I also went to the Patchwork Dog & Basket in Lewes yesterday looking for a particular fabric I've been using in my sampler blocks.  Sadly it had all gone, and I actually managed to refrain from buying anything in there, which was a bit of a shock.


I keep walking past this lovely looking shop on North Road, Brighton, when it's shut.  I've pressed my face up against the window a few times, so walking past yesterday morning I ducked in for a bit of a snoop around.


It's one of those shops I feel like I could quite happily live in, I'd definitely be happy curling up in this bed.



I'm obsessed with my sampler blocks and have churned out another couple over the weekend.



I'm pleased with the star, but I'm not sure Log Cabin suits me, it's pretty slap dash & the other one I made is so wonky I'm too embarrassed to show it.

3 comments:

  1. And that is why I do not go into Brighton & Lewes, even though they are only 15 miles away, I would be skint, immediately!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your comments