Friday 15 April 2011

Friday Plant of the Week ...& a little quilting

The photo doesn't really do it justice to be honest, but this is one of my favourite plants.


Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum x hybridum). I love the grace of their arching stems & the flowers that hang like delicate little bells. 

It is a relative of Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis), which is also about to burst flower & bring with it an amazing scent.



I ventured into the woods yesterday to see if the Bluebells were out yet. 


Still a little early; but exciting to imagine the blue carpet this lot will become in a week or two.



And this is a little sneak peek at some quilting stitches I've been trying out.  I like the mix of big handmade stitches next to the little machine-made ones.

2 comments:

  1. I love solomon's seal too! They are just starting to come up beside our stream - I am probably a lot further north than you!
    Your quilt looks very interesting, lovely fabrics. I have mixed machine and coloured hand quilting before and it worked really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica, thanks for 'following' me. I see you're in England. I've visited it three times and love it there.

    Can you leave the lily-of-the-valley in this pot over the winter? We could never do that here. Your photos are lovely.

    Cheers from Canada.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your comments