Saturday 9 April 2011

Friday Plant of the Week . . .on Saturday.

Wow, it's been more like the Mediterranean than the south coast of England here these last few days.  I'm LOVING the sunshine & getting lots of work done, -but not that much of anything else.


The Friday/Saturday plant of the week is this amazing Pieris.  It's looking pretty fabulous at the moment with it's new growth a bright flaming red colour.


The little chains of white flowers are sweet, but the main attraction is without a doubt those superb fiery leaves.


This is a pretty large example of a Pieris, -possibly one of the biggest I've seen.


I also need to give a nod to the Cherry blossom, which is stunning & all over the place right now.  It's such a fleeting time that the blossom is on the trees, I'm enjoying it before it's all blown away for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your comments