Thursday 26 May 2011

Progress

In class on Monday we pinned our blocks onto the design wall, or, as one of my fellow classmates called it, the "wall of shame" (which I much prefer!)


I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking so far.  I want to make quite a few more blocks yet as I'm hoping to make it double bed sized.


This is the Drunkard's Path block that I originally wanted to make.  Typically, I actually prefer the other one now.



We learnt speed-piecing to make these little log cabin blocks in class on Monday.  I need to square them up before sewing them together as they've all come out slightly different sizes.

I also invented "free motion cutting", which is what happens when you change your rotary cutting blade & put the new blade on the wrong side, -duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your comments