Sunday 8 May 2011

Start of the Festival

This weekend was the start of the month-long Brighton Festival and Festival Fringe that has had me falling in love with this wonderful town all over again.

I came across a cafe in the North Laines with a knitted Brighton Pavilion in the window.


And these rather lovely Seagulls (much less aggressive looking than the real kind).


Love this piece of street art of Aung San Suu Kyi, who is the Guest Director of Brighton Festival this year. 


Last night we went to "Jardin Flambeau", an event in St Ann's Well Gardens put on by French outdoor alchemists Compagnie Carabosse.


These lanterns made from white vests looked so serene hanging in the trees.


The music in one side of the park was melancholic and very much added to the serene atmosphere.  I loved the singing in French too.  On the other side of the park the band was more upbeat & the flames lit the sky.


Some weird and wonderful fire sculptures.




Today I did a few of the Artists Open Houses in the Seven Dials area of town.  


A variety of different work, but enjoyed all of it. The highlight for me was the work of Eve Poland. I would love to own a piece of hers to hang on my wall one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your comments