Sunday 6 March 2011

Decisions, decisions...


I've had family to stay this past week which has been lovely.  There's been lots of fun going on but no crafting.



Tomorrow evening I start a new course at Quilty Pleasures (http://www.quilty-pleasures.co.uk/) which will be once a month for 12 months and over this time we will make a sampler quilt.

The quilt will be made up of 9 blocks.  With each block we will learn a different piecing method.



I am very excited about learning some new skills & have been busy trying to put fabrics together this evening.

I only started to make quilts at the end of last summer, so I'm a bit unsure how I've managed to accumulate so much fabric.  For this reason I'm keen to use some of what I have rather than buying more.

My fabric is very disorganised so my original pile kept growing and growing as I unearthed more. I added in some basics to create a bit of contrast with all the patterns.



I'm thinking that perhaps I may add a couple more dark fabrics. 



This is the first time I've put fabrics together rather than just using fabrics from the same range so I'm a bit unsure if it'll work.



So this is the rather tall pile I ended up with & I guess I can see what it looks like tomorrow in the light of day before making any final decisions.  I really feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing with putting these fabrics together!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have fun! Your fabric choices look great- don't worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your comments