Tuesday 8 March 2011

A solitary tumbling block


Ta-da!  This is my first tumbling block, made last night at the Sampler Quilt course.  I've got another 5 to make, then sew together to form a pyramid.  It's nice to have some hand sewing on the go, even if my hands are sore due to a full-on rose-pruning session yesterday morning. 

I sometimes like to do a bit of hand sewing before I leave for work in the mornings.  I've had some strange looks when I've admitted this to people before.  Some people like to meditate in the morning; I like to do a little bit of sewing.  I think it sets me up for the day in a calm frame of mind.



We also made a colour wheel last night and talked about fabric choices.  I found this really helpful after my struggles trying to pick fabrics out on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your comments