Thursday 24 March 2011

Glorious Sunshine

It really does feel like Spring has officially sprung this week (not just me desperately trying to convince myself it has because I'm so ready for it after this harsh, harsh Winter we've had).  We've had sunshine all week and I'm loving it.



This is the sunlight hitting the bark of a Silver Birch.  Love the contrast of the smooth silver against that deep & rough texture that surrounds it.



I've been working on hedges all day. In this photo this yew hedge looks great; all green & majestic.



Look a little closer though & you see the Brambles & Ivy lurking beneath the surface, threatening to slowly, but surely, strangle this lovely hedge. 

One draw back to T-shirt weather when doing a job like this; my arms are so scratched up, I look like I've been in battle with an angry cat or something.  Not a great look, but a small price to pay I figure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your comments